What is it?
The 10 and 90 Athletic Scholarship is an *annual scholarship award of $2,500. It is awarded to an individual who portrays the characteristics of a leader and champion, both on the field/court and in the classroom. It is currently only open to student athletes attending Spanaway Lake High School, but in the future we will open to more schools.
The application period for our Athletic Scholarship opens each year on January 1st. Due to issues arising from the COVID-19 pandemic, we decided to extend the application period to August 1st. The 10 and 90 Foundation does not discriminate on the basis of race, color or national origin in our selection process.
Applications are closed
Applications are now closed. Come back in 2022 to apply for our scholarship, thank you.
*Please note, if we do not get any applicants for a particular year, or if the applicants don’t successfully meet the criteria for the scholarship for a particular year, we will not award the scholarship. Thank you for your understanding.
All scholarship applicants must:
- Be a student athlete attending Spanaway Lake High School in Spanaway, WA.
- Have a combined overall GPA of 3.0 or better.
- Display characteristics of a leader both on the field/court and in the classroom.
- Be going to college to pursue an undergraduate degree at an accredited community college, junior college or university with a minimum of 12 units per semester.
- Be able to verify acceptance to the educational institution for which they are applying for assistance.
All scholarship applicants must submit the following:
- A fully submitted application.
- Along with the form, applicants must write an original typed essay (250 words or less) explaining why they should receive this award and how it will impact their education.
- The scholarship recipient must be able to provide a letter of acceptance from the institution in which they will be attending.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much is the scholarship?
The scholarship recipient will get $2,500 to help pay for their college tuition.
How do I apply?
You can easily apply online, using our application form. It only takes a few moments to fill out.
Who can apply for the scholarship?
Any student athlete currently attending Spanaway Lake High School in Spanaway, WA. The applicant must also be in their “Senior” year, or 12th grade.
Do I have to have a minimum GPA to qualify?
Yes, all applicants must have a combined overall GPA of 3.0 or better to be considered for the scholarship.
Is there a deadline to apply?
Usually, the application period opens each year on January 1st, and ends May 1st. But, due to issues arising from the COVID-19 pandemic this year, we’ve decided to extend the application period to August 1st. We will contact the scholarship recipient by the end of August with details and information regarding the award.
How does the selection process work?
Once we receive your application and materials, we will look it over for completeness and start reviewing it. If all qualifications are met, we will discuss things with the coaches at Spanaway Lake High School to get more of an understanding of your personal characteristics. We need to get the approval that you fit the profile of a leader and someone who deserves this award. Once we finalize that, we will decide on the recipient.
If awarded, how will I get the scholarship?
Once approved and the recipient has provided information about the school in which they will be/are attending, the scholarship award will be sent directly to the school and credited to the scholarship recipient.
What are the terms of the awarded amount of money for the scholarship?
The awarded value of the scholarship is a one-time payment, to be credited to the recipients tuition.
What if I have other questions about the Athletic Scholarship?
If you still have questions about the scholarship please send us an email: firstname.lastname@example.org.